I just finished teaching a class on Facebook about how to support your immune system naturally. One of the things that I do after presenting the details on how your immune system works, is give ideas and product recommendations for boosting your immune system.
Since we are currently in the middle of winter, it is extra important that we take good care of our bodies. I wanted to share some of my suggestions here in this blog for those of you who would be interested.
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables. They have many vitamins and minerals that your body needs for proper immune function.
- Make sure you are getting good quality (restorative) sleep. Your body needs time to rest especially when it is fighting off an illness. Take care of yourself by giving your body a chance to rest.
- Decrease sugar consumption. A study done in 1973 showed that when 100g of sugar was consumed (about 1liter of soda), it decreased the effectiveness of white blood cells by up to 40% starting within 30 minutes of consumption and lasting up to 5 hours afterwards. That is significant!
- Drink more water. Water supports not only health blood flow, but also the production of lymph, which is how your immune circulates white blood cells throughout your body. This is important for your immune system to function effectively.
Now I wanted to give you a few recommendations on Young Living products that can support your immune system. If you are interested in getting these products, you can go here.
- Thieves Essential Oil Blend – contains clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – contains menthol which supports the respiratory tract.
- Frankincense Essential Oil- contains alpha-pinene, which supports the respiratory system.
- Oregano Essential Oil – contains carvacrol, which has been found to be effective against various bacterial infections.
- Pine Essential Oil – shares many of the same properties of Eucalyptus globulus and can support the respiratory tract.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil – a 2010 test done at Griffith University Medical Centre showed that melaleuca alternifolia increased the activity and strength of active disease-fighting cells when the subject was given it daily.
- ImmuPro Supplement – contains minerals that support antibody activity.
- Inner Defense – contains Thieves, Oregano, Thyme, and Lemongrass essential oils in a capsule.
- Super B – vitamin complex that contains all 8 essential energy-boosting B vitamins as well as magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Super C – contains well over the recommended daily intake of vitamin C in each serving as well as other minerals which balance electrolytes and enable more efficient vitamin C absorption.
- Thieves Cough Drops – recently approved by the FDA as an over-the-counter drug to soothe sore throats, relieve coughs, and cool nasal passages.
- NingXia Red – antioxidant drink and whole-body supplement that contains wolfberry, plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices, and lemon, orange yuzu, and tangerine essential oils. Supports whole-body wellness.
I have done a lot of research into these recommendations, but, I am not a doctor or a nurse and cannot diagnose or treat you. These recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any illnesses. I am just a mom who loves researching and using natural products and essential oils.
Here is the recipe for my DIY Immune Booster Blend:
I make it in a 10ml (1/3oz) rollerball bottle.
- 30 drops Tea Tree
- 25 drops Thieves
- 20 drops Peppermint
- 20 drops Pine
- 15 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Oregano
- Fill the rest with carrier oil.
If you would like more detailed information on these products and other recommendations, click here to be sent to the Facebook class that I just finished teaching to review the information. You will have to request to be added into the group.
I am so inspired by how people live with such passion and commitment to their callings and I want to model my life to have the courage to do the same…and I hope you will as well.